The foam core has exceptional insulating properties with a high compressive strength, whilst the cement increases the fire-resistant properties of the board. Tile Backer Boards are designed to be used with electric underfloor heating mats and loose cable systems, offering optimised efficiency by reducing the warm up times and running costs.
When installing onto concrete sub floor we recommend using flexible tile adhesive, when installing onto wooden floors we recommend using tile adhesive and/or screws and washers.
Benefits of using Tile Backer Boards:
- Use of insulation reduces warm up time and running costs of electric underfloor heating
- Easy to use
- Light weight
- Suitable for walls and floors
- Easy to cut
- Cement coating enhances the fire resistant properties of the board
- Excellent structural strength and compression resistance - withstanding both short term and long term static loads
- Highly resistant to water absorption and are rot resistant making them ideal for use in wetrooms and steam rooms.
|Model||Tile Backer Boards 10mm|
|Tile Backer Boards 10mm||Coverage 0.72m² - 1 Boards|
|Material||Extruded Polystyrene Foam Core with double-sided coating of fibre glass weave and special mortar|
|Sheet Dimensions||1200mm x 600mm|
|Thermal Conductivity||0,036 W/mK|
|Compressive Strength||>0.25 N/mm²|
|Water Absorption||≤ 1 Vol%|
|Tensile Strength||≥ 200 kPa|
pdf, 222.87 KB